Zimbabwe: Gonarezhou & Matetsi Safari Area
The Gonarezhou Safari Areas are part of a 900 000 acre concession that borders the famous Gonarezhou National Park. In the Southern Lowveld the Gonarezhou, Kruger and Mozambique National Parks forms the Transfrontier National Park which are open with each other. Game can roam free from one area to another. Gonarezhou “means place of many elephants”. In these concessions we hunt exceptional trophy elephant bulls and buffalo bulls. There are also good leopard, sable and more plains game species to hunt. We offer safaris in 4 different concessions near and bordering the Gonarezhou National Park. These areas have exceptional hunting and produce top class trophies. A good number of trophy elephant bulls are taken annually which are in the 70, 80 and 90pound range. Buffalo hunted in these areas are by far the best quality in Zimbabwe average being over 40” and in 2012-2015 a few buffalo over the 50” mark were hunted.. Elephant and Buffalo migrate between the Gonarezhou and Kruger National Park.
We offer clients 3 different hunting areas and camps in the Gonarezhou concession.
Malipati camp is located on the banks of the Nuanetsi River which forms the boundary between Gonarezhou National Park and the Safari Area. Malipati has been known for a long time as a top hunting concession.
Dumisa camp is situated also on the banks of the Nuanetsi River to the south of Malipati. Also a top hunting concession.
Sengwe 1 camp is situated in the greater Sengwe Community area south of Mateki Hills and near Malipati Safari area.
Matetsi Safari Area consists of hunting concessions and community hunting blocks. To the South Matetsi borders the Hwange National Park, to the West it Borders Botswana, to the East it borders protected Forestry land and to the North Victoria Falls and Zambezi National Parks. We hunt the Woodlands community estate which is about 90000 acres and borders Fuller Forestry, Kazuma Pan National Park, Unit 1 and Zambezi National Park. Beautiful area consisting of grasslands, wetlands, Mopani scrub and Forests. Woodlands is about 15 km from Victoria Falls and about 20km from the Victoria Falls International Airport. Big herds of Elephant and buffalo migrate between the different Units, Forestry, National Parks and Woodlands Estate. Woodlands is excellent for combining a big game safari with a plains game safari because of the abundance of plains game in the area. Woodlands Camp is situated on top of the red sand hills and has a beautiful view of the Woodlands hunting area.
• Fully licensed experienced Professional Hunter
• All trackers, Skinners and camp staff
• All concession and community fees
• Full service on suite West African Style Safari accommodation
• 4x4 Hunting vehicle
• All meals prepared by Chef
• All soft drinks and mineral water
• Local beverages
• Transportation from airport to camp and back
• Trophy fees, killed or wounded unless stated otherwise as in package
• Pre and Post Safari hotel accommodation if applicable
• Rifle License – Free, obtainable at port of entry
• Trophy transport to export company – US$ 400
• Dip&Pack, Crating and Export of trophies
• Personal items
• Specialty brands of liquor
• Gratuities for camp staff
• Zimbabwean visa – Obtainable at port of entry
• Bait for cats and crocodiles
PERMITS AND DOCUMENTATION:
If you are hunting Leopard it is imperative to obtain a CITES 1 permit allowing you to hunt and import the trophy back into your home country - before you arrive in Zimbabwe . Lion are on CITES II which only requires a permit from the country of origin.
GUNS AND AMMUNITION FOR ZIMBABWE:
- Regulations state a caliber of no less than 9.3mm or .375 magnum be used on dangerous thick-skinned game. This applies to all dangerous game other than Leopard for which a minimum of 7mm or higher is required.
- No military style weapons or caliber’s are permitted into the country.
- No more than 100 rounds per rifle and 200 shells per shotgun are allowed to be brought into the country, however please bring as advised in our correspondence.
- Please make sure that you are shooting premium quality ammunition, loaded for African Game. For Buffalo, Elephant and Hippo bring the heaviest grain bullets you can get.
- Ammunition is not readily available in Zimbabwe, however we may have a supply in camp
- A temporary import permit for your rifles / shotguns is required. This can be obtained at port of entry and is free of charge.
- You will have to declare the amount of ammunition you intend bringing into the country.
TERMS OF BUSINESS:
- Daily rate must be paid in full 30 days before the start of the safari. 50% deposit to secure the hunt.
- No refund of deposit can be made if a client cancels the safari less than six (6) months before the contracted starting date, unless the safari can be rebooked.
- In all other instances, the deposit will be refunded less 10% administration fees
- If a client postpones the safari to the following year the deposit, less 10% administration fees and PH fees, will be applied to the postponed safari
- Clients are responsible to settle the outstanding safari fees, trophy fees and charter fees in full, before their departure from camp. Payments can be made by transfer or US$ cash unless otherwise arranged. No personal cheques or credit cards can be accepted.
- Any safari hunting activity is potentially hazardous and it is essential that the lawful directions and instructions of the safari operator and professional hunter be followed at all times for the duration of the safari.
- Hunting is a sport where chance plays an important role and therefore no refund of any safari fees will be made if the client elects to stop the hunt regardless of the conditions in the field or what the client perceives. No safari is a 100% guarantee and therefore no refunds will be made on day fees after the safari no matter what circumstances arise during the safari.
- Neither Kruger African Safaris nor any of its affiliated companies, agents or sub-agents shall be or become liable or responsible in any way for any loss, injury or damage to or in respect to any person or property whosoever caused or arising.