The hunting takes place in the Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North-West Provinces, depending on the species to be hunted or the preference of the client. Our safari’s constantly produce top class trophies for our clients due to the fact that we hunt the desired species where the biggest trophies occur. You can choose the trophy animals you want to hunt and the number of day’s you have available and we tailor make your hunt to your exact specifications and requirements. The hunting takes place on game ranches and varies from 2500 acres up to 50000 acres. The total hunting area is 135 000 acres in the Limpopo Province, 57000 acres in Mpumalanga Province and 33000 acres in North-West Province. It is very realistic to plan on taking one good trophy animal per day.
SOUTH AFRICA - PRICELIST
SOUTH AFRICA - PACKAGES
• Full accommodation
• Laundry services
• All liquor and beverages served in camp (Wine, beer, water and soft drinks)
• Services of experienced Professional Hunters.
• Trained staff, trackers and skinners.
• Field preparation of all trophies.
• All transportation within hunting areas.
• All transportation from Oliver Tambo Int. Airport (Johannesburg International).
• Amount of hunting days are calculated by the amount of nights stayed in camp.
• All international and domestic flights.
• Trophy fees on all animals killed or wounded.
• Rifle hire (US$ 25/rifle/day), ammunition at cost price.
• Dipping, packing, taxidermy and shipping costs.
• Air charters if needed and all accommodation before and after the safari contracted dates.
• Tips for staff, telephone calls and curios purchases.
• Special permits if necessary.
• VAT of 14% where applicable on day fees only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• A deposit will confirm the safari booking; the balance will be paid after the hunt.
• All payments must be made in US Dollar currency or US Dollar traveler’s cheques.
• VAT of 14% not included in day fees, where applicable.
• The balance of the safari must be paid in cash in full after the hunt is completed; other arrangements can be made prior to the safari.
• Comfortable hunting clothes.
• Comfortable hunting shoes.
• 1x Warm Jacket.
• 1x Light jacket.
• Gloves, hat or cap.
• Sunglasses and sunscreen.
• Binoculars and flashlight.
• Insect repellent.
• Personal medication.
FIREARMS IMPORTATION POLICY
Foreign visitors to South Africa bringing firearms for hunting purposes must fill out a temporary import application form, SAP 520 obtainable at www.saps.gov.za
• Fill in the form beforehand in black ink only, this saves time.
• Form should be left unsigned, sign in front of the police officer.
• Fill in: Section D, E-1 25.4 , G , I , J
• Invitation letter from the Hunting Outfitter.
Kruger African Safaris has a total of 5 camps in the Limpopo Province, 2 Camps in Mpumalanga Province and 2 Camps in the North-West Province. All the camps are very neat and clean. Depending on the need or preference of the client the quality of the camps varies from 3 Star to 5 Star accommodations. Prices are charged accordingly. Most of the camps or Lodges consist of a main dining, lounge and bar area and separate on suite chalets. Outside is a Boma or Lapa where the client can relax around a cozy camp fire after a hard day of hunting. All the chalets or rooms are services daily. Most of the camps have swimming pool facilities.
Kruger African Safaris has the permanent employment of a trained chef and all meals will be of the highest quality according to your own personal taste. In the morning breakfast will be served or rusks, cereals and coffee. Brunch or lunch will be served between 11am-1pm, depending on the hunt. If the hunter does not return that day to the camp then an excellent cooler box will be packed with lunch. In the evening a three course meal of the highest quality will be served.
CALIBERS AND AMMUNITION
• Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino requires a minimum caliber of .375 or 9,3x62.
• Lion, Leopard, Antelope and medium game calibers, 7mm / 300 Win Mag or 30-60 will be sufficient.
• Medium game: At least 50 premium quality soft point cartridges.
• Big game: 40 full metal jackets or solids and 40 premium quality soft points are required.
• It is important to specify the animals to be hunted when the booking is made especially when needing a permit to hunt them.
• Hunters from countries which are signatory to the CITES convention must bring a copy of the original CITES permit.
• CITES permits needed for: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Crocodile, Hippo, Rhino and all species of cats and primates.
• No Visa required, only a valid passport is needed for entering South Africa.
• Rifles and ammunition must be transported in lockable cases, separately.
• Declaration at customs upon arrival is necessary.
• Malaria prophylactics are necessary when hunting in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
TEMPERATURES AND TERRAIN
• Temperatures vary between 40F in the morning and 70F in the afternoon during May to August.
• Temperatures vary between 55F in the morning and 95F in the afternoon during September to November.
• The terrain varies between open bush, savannah, dense bush, open Highveld and mountains.
At Kruger African Safaris safety to all is the most important. Kruger African Safaris accepts no responsibility for death, injury, illness, sustained or suffered by any person. Kruger African Safaris accept no responsibility to loss, theft or damage to property occurring during a safari. It is essential that the lawful direction and advice of the hunting outfitter is followed. Make sure that hospitalization plans cover a patient in a foreign country. All insurance is the responsibility of the client.
Erwin Kruger – Hunting Outfitter & Professional Hunter
Mobile : +27 82 898 5 898